Sunday, May 17, 2009

A little scare...

So a few days ago, while doing my typical bakery/market run I had a bit of a scare. I walked to the bakery and everything was fine, it was hot, but I was ok. Then, walking to the market from the bakery, which is a little longer, I started to feel my heart beating really fast. I didn't panic, but I walked a little faster to get to the market and into the AC. I hurried through the store and then while walking back home, it just got worse. I came home and called my mom (an RN), she asked me some medical questions and then told me what I thought just wouldn't happen to me. I need to slow down. I'm almost halfway through the pregnancy now and my body is working harder to support me and the baby. That coupled with the heat makes it really hard. So later that night while walking to teach yoga, I slowed my pace down and I was fine, no palpitations. Sigh. So this is it. I'm a real pregnant lady now. Everything else is ok, still getting those obnoxious allergy attacks and headaches every few days, but I'm kind of used to them now. Just trying to sty cool til I go home in 27 days! The belly is getting bigger, but I'm going to wait until next week when I hit the 20 week (20 WEEKS!?) mark to post some pictures. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment