Monday, May 4, 2009

17 weeks

I can't believe I'm 17 weeks already! There have been moments of this pregnancy that have dragged a bit but things have been picking up lately and I know it'll only be a matter of time before I can feel this little guy (I think it's a guy) kicking and swimming around in there. I can't wait! The baby weighs about 5 oz. and is the size of a turnip. The lower part of my abdomen has been getting harder and if I lay on my back it's REALLY hard. Some things have been getting difficult. I had to drop one of my beginner yoga classes because it's getting too hard for me to demonstrate things. After I teach I tend to have a sore lower back from adjusting people during class. Sleeping has been awful. My mom thinks it's my 2nd trimester energy going haywire. Whatever it is, it's annoying. I'm not even that big yet and I can't seem to get comfortable. I'm up at least once a night for a couple of hours (that doesn't count all the times I'm getting up to pee) I'm just trying to roll with it and get sleep when I can, that's what I'll have to do after the baby is born, right?! In other news, the sandstorms are so bad for my sinuses that it's been an indoor week so far. Sigh. I'll get out again someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment